Profitero is a leading global SaaS commerce platform that uses predictive intelligence to help brands anticipate, activate, and automate their next best action to fuel profitable growth. Our technology monitors 70 million products daily, across 700 retailers and 50 countries, helping brands optimize search placement, product content, pricing, stock availability, reviews, and more. News outlets… including Good Morning America, The Wall Street Journal, and Ad Age frequently cite and trust Profitero as a source of data for their stories.
Now's an exciting time to join our fast-growth business.
Profitero has recently joined Publicis Groupe (a $13 billion global marketing services and technology company) as a standalone commerce division, infusing our business with significant product development resources and investment while giving our employees an incredible launchpad for their careers. Profitero's tech and data combined with Publicis' tech, data, and activation services positions us to be a true end-to-end partner for helping brands maximize eCommerce market share and profits.
Come be a part of our fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture and next stage of growth.
We are inviting Lead Backend Developer (Ruby) to join our product team that is creating a next-generation eCommerce intelligence service for retailers and manufacturers. We will be happy to welcome new team members who are not afraid of non-trivial tasks, can offer non-standard technical solutions, and take initiative.
About the project:
Currently, Profitero provides customers with data on how consumer products perform online from various angles: prices, availability, placement, ratings and reviews, product content, etc. Customers can use either our web application or BigQuery to get information about consumer products' performance online. Serving 400+ production clients we are now paying additional attention to the data quality, integrity and consistency. The stability and performance of the customer-facing components is also a point of focus for the nearest future.
Along with that we are developing a new Data Platform based on Google Cloud and Snowflake. Using the existing system and applications as a baseline, combining new ways of storing data, processing it, and enriching it through the data science workloads, we are aiming to build a next-generation SaaS product for the Manufacturer's Omni-Channel management.
- Analyze the currently existing components, search for bottlenecks and quick wins in order to increase the overall performance and stability
- Modernize existing system components by re-designing them according to the new architecture paradigm
- Ensure the non-functional requirements (ex. stability, scalability, and performance) of services and applications are met
- Take part in system design for the future products working closely with Architecture team
- Mentor and guide other team members in best practices and technical decisions
- Being a part of a scrum team collaborating with other cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex technical problems
- Understand business domain, customers' needs, and business use cases
We expect / requirements:
- Overall working experience in the industry 5+ years
- Strong knowledge of Ruby with a minimum of 3+ years of practical experience
- Strong expertise in SQL
- Strong experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience developing solutions in a Cloud environment is a big plus
- Strong understanding of DevOps methodologies
- Understanding of different programming paradigms (OOP, func, etc)
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- English level at B2 or higher
- A natural interest in modern backend technologies and the ability to learn new things
- Passion to get into the development process quickly and deliver good quality code
Nice to have
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in Python
- Experience working in the containerized environment (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of real-time streaming platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Understanding of distributed architecture features and challenges
- Have experience with AI, machine learning & statistical tools
What do we offer:
- Working on the company's own product, highly demanded worldwide, the industry leader in the e-commerce analytics segment
- Our vacancy implies a remote full-time work
- Vacation (20 working days per year, 100% paid)
- Health insurance reimbursement (up to 250 USD gross per year)
- Paid sick leave (80% of the daily base salary)
- 4 days for recovery without a sick leave document during the year (80% of the daily base salary)
- Individual sports activities reimbursement (50% of the check, up to 45 USD gross max per month)
- English classes reimbursement (100% of the check, up to 57 USD gross max per month)
- Professional development opportunities reimbursed by the company (seminars/training/conferences/etc.)
- Team-building activities