Our award-winning client is one of the largest and fastest growing developers and manufacturers of carbon nanotubes for industrial applications. They are opening a new plant in Kansas City, KS…
- Will work with the firm already selected to provide the equipment for the build out of the plant.
- Once the plant is up and running, the individual will manage all day to day engineering operations within the company.
- Will be a key member of the management team as it establishes capabilities within the country and market.
- Manage all aspects of the startup from equipment installation, commissioning, and product qualifications.
- Assist in building the technical team.
- Create operational work instructions/standard operating procedures for all manufacturing processes.
- BS or higher degree in Engineering. (Chemical or Mechanical Preferred).
- 7 + years Engineering experience in mixing processes, combustion or chemical batch production processes, ideally with powders such as carbon black or fumed metal oxides.
- Must have plant startup experience and understand material (liquid, gas, and solid) handling/conveying, mixing processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Strong budget awareness.
- Communication and interpersonal skills overseeing staff and working with other team members.
- Detail-oriented for understanding complex systems and the ability to pay attention to details.
- Organizational skills for tracking various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously.
- Practical understanding of chemical, mechanical, and electrical disciplines along with applicable environmental and regulatory standards.
- Solid experience with good engineering practices as defined in the ASME standards.
- Track record of success working with Front End Engineering Design and Engineering Procurement Construction Management firms.
- Familiarity with OSHA, the National Building Code and environmental regulations.
- Proficiency in standard software productivity suites such as Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with environmental permitting.
- Lean manufacturing, 5S, and/or Six Sigma experience and/or certifications preferred.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment