At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a… time.
Come to work for http://Realtor.com ![ A leader in online real estate and backed by industry experience and the News Corp Brand, http://Realtor.com
http://Realtor.com currently has an opportunity for a Data Scientist, Product Analytics, reporting to the Director of Analytics for Growth Product. http://Realtor.com is in the middle of aggressive strategic growth driven off of newly integrated entities, and continuing our record growth and consumer engagement will be critical to http://Realtor.com ’s strategic success in the industry. Specifically, this role’s core responsibilities will focus on partnering directly with the major functions of the business to drive consumer engagement, conversion and overall optimization of the consumer’s journey for our emerging product and service areas. There is a tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact in a short amount of time!
The role is central to http://Realtor.com ’s long-term strategic growth and will liaise with leadership across the major functions of the business on a real-time basis including, most notably, Product, Design, and Engineering within the New Home Construction product organization. This product helps consumers connect with home builders to find newly built homes and/or home plans & specs. The role also supports sales and builder engagement on the http://Realtor.com site & app.
An ideal candidate will have some experience driving value through analysis of a combination of web analytics, product, and product functions as well as expertise/understanding grounded in long-term strategic business planning and the ability to influence executives and representatives from across the organization to achieve results in a disciplined manner. Specifically, the candidate should have some exposure to digital consumer/search businesses, consumer funnel optimization, consumer analytics/segmentation and experimentation.
General responsibilities include: decision support, root cause analyses, dashboard development, AB testing analytics support, product development opportunity sizing, consumer behavior analysis, and performance management of http://Realtor.com 's consumer internet business lines.
- Support the Product team in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Consumer internet businesses
- Develop and monitor KPIs to drive high-level oversight of business initiatives and company health, and develop regular insights from the data to enable performance management and facilitate accountability
- Create and maintain automated dashboards and self-service reporting to enable stakeholders to explore data
- Deliver high-quality data-driven business analyses that address business issues with effective solutions, and provide key insights leading to actionable recommendations
- Partner with the Product organization on data-driven decision making, idea generation, and rigorous measurement
- Develop exploratory analysis to identify and size product development opportunities to determine tradeoffs between product features that grow and optimize the product offering
- Develop product learning agendas, design multivariate tests, and synthesize analytical results into practical recommendations that inform key business decisions
- Partner with the engineering and business intelligence teams to drive improvements to tracking and data quality
- Conduct deep-dive analyses to understand product performance, conduct complex initiatives that address key strategic questions and drive assorted ad hoc projects
- Inform OKR development with product leadership
Experience and Skills:
- Educational Requirements: BA/BS with undergraduate focus in Analytics, Finance, Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, Economics or related field
- 2+ years' experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Must be a curious and tenacious investigator
- Experience identifying, explaining, and creating metrics
- SQL experience required
- Experience in root cause analysis and/or identifying contributing drivers of changes in data is highly preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools, techniques, and best practices (examples may include Tableau, Looker, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.)
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in a fast-paced and often hectic environment. Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, and provide data-driven clarity to less technical audiences
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; mature presence coupled with emotional intelligence
- Masters with a focus in Analytics, Finance, Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, Economics or related field
- Experience in experimental design and/or conducting A/B test analyses
- Online media / consumer audience-oriented / consumer internet experience a plus
- Experience identifying, explaining, and creating metrics is highly preferred
- Experience in a scripting and/or analysis language (Python, R) a plus
- Exposure to digital tools including Omniture and Google Analytics
Additional locations for this role are Santa Clara, CA
At Realtor, we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect in the listed locations. We tailor our offers based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, location and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process. All ranges are location based, ranges for positions in other locations may vary based on the local market.
Salary Range for select office locations
Santa Clara $122,900 to $177,900
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Accordingly, offers extended for this role will include an annual bonus target typically expressed as percentage of salary. Similarly to salary, annual incentive bonus targets are set based on a variety of factors including job level, competitive market practice, experience, tenure, and essential skills.In addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals