Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global… Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About The Company
We are a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its users and businesses with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. We strive to offer products through our platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by innovative technology with no complexity or hidden fees. We empower users to take control of the financial future with simple solutions accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Engineering Manager who will partner closely with the VP of Engineering to build an outstanding team of technologists to deliver our core platform to market. You will lead a full stack development team in the design, development, testing, and deployment of our B2B / B2C platform. You are comfortable with greenfield development and look forward to hiring your own team of A-Player technologists. You have excellent people skills, but you are not far from the code and enjoy the “player coach” model while delivering something new and exciting to the marketplace.
You enjoy solving seemingly intractable puzzles in innovative yet pragmatic ways. You hold yourself and others accountable for routinely delivering mission critical outcomes. You are viewed as a trusted, intellectually honest partner within your team and across functional boundaries. You continually ask yourself, “What is accurate and what should be done about it?”
This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
What You Will Do
- Work with Product Management on the road map, backlog grooming, and sprint planning.
- Hire, mentor, and retain top engineering talent.
- Inspire your engineering team, leading by example, while coaching your team towards their career goals.
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering quality results, timely.
- Work with Principal Engineer and other technologists to establish architectural standards, development, and deployment protocols.
- Contribute to and execute on engineering strategic roadmap, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to meet the needs and business objectives of the organization.
- Influence and establish engineering best practices.
- Recommend and implement best practice solutions, machines, processes, and tools to ensure systematic delivery of great outcomes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal teams and with third party vendors.
- Leverage broad skills across technology and business to plug gaps and deliver on priorities as needed while the organization is built.
What We Are Looking For
- Technology management experience leading teams of 20+ personnel.
- Excellent analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Strong communication skills with ability to distill complex issues to meaningful synthesis suitable for executive decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the head of Engineering to actualize vision.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with goal tracking and competency supporting oversight of multiple concurrent project initiatives.
- Track record of balancing the coordination of fast-paced daily priorities with important, longer-term strategic efforts.
- BS degree in computer science, or other technical field, with B2B / B2C experience.
- 10+ years of experience delivering technology products.
- Experience partnering with product, business, and program management teams.
- Experience working in leading financial services organizations.
- High integrity, high security mindset.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for results.
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions.
What We Value
- A mindset to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Willingness and creativity to solve hard problems.
- Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be.
- Diversity in experiences and thinking.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 401K match plus the usual medical, dental, life, and disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join an innovative team of industry professionals on a mission to transform the industry.
Salary Range: $200,000-$325,000 base.
This role is remote