Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global… Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About our Client
Our client's Microsystems business is seeking a Manager Firmware (VHDL) and Software Engineering to join our growing, engaging, and collaborative team. As a valued team member, you will collaborate to deliver leading edge secure microelectronics that are game changing and impactful to our nation’s defense.
Our client sits at the intersection of high-tech and defense – they are focused on accelerating innovations that matter to the aerospace, defense, and space sectors. They leverage our longstanding strategic partnerships to access the latest in commercial technologies to design, manufacture, test, and deliver rugged microelectronics that operate in the harshest environments, with extreme reliability and maintainability. Our client partners closely with the U.S. government delivering onshore trusted microelectronics.
The successful candidate wants to be part of a dynamic team that is transforming our business and the defense-grade microelectronics industry while executing on near-term program commitments and fostering a culture of teamwork and agility. Our client has a hybrid work environment that includes benefits recognizing the work-life balance of today. If you have the valued skill set, we are looking for and you want to use your talents towards making state-of-the-art microelectronics profoundly more accessible to aerospace and defense, then apply today and come be part of their team!
As Manager Firmware(VHDL) and Software Engineering for the Microsystems Business Unit, you will specifically lead and mentor engineers responsible for firmware(VHDL) and software development that supports Microsystems package design of our advanced 2D/2.5D/3D packaging solutions. You will proactively identify problems and generate solutions, while collaborating with team members and with leaders from other functions within the engineering team and business unit to drive execution of innovative solutions while meeting business objectives. As a successful Manager Firmware(VHDL) and Softare Engineering for the Microsystems Business Unit you will develop the trust and respect of teammates, leadership and external partners, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration across all functional groups within the business unit.
- Directs Microsystem Firmware(VHDL) and Software Teams day-to-day work of the Electrical, Signal and Power Integrity and CAD functional groups
- Identifies and Maintains technical leaders within the functional groups to assist with technical guidance of the functional groups and overall engineering team
- Executes strategic initiatives and assigns responsibilities with the functional groups as per the Microsystems leadership and Annual Operating Plan
- Works with direct reports to identify strengths and development needs, on-going progress discussions for career development
- Develops team talent, which includes regular feedback and coaching on their development experiences, attracts and retains Talent that contributes to the growth and revenue of Microsystems Business Unit.
- Holds self and team members accountable for their quality results, on-time delivery and BU objectives and their goals
- Aligns and motivates team around our client and Microsystems purpose, culture, values, drives focus on prioritized goals and clarity of roles, responsibilities and processess.
- Builds open, trusting, and respectful relationships across the engineering team.
- Works closely with Technical Project Managers to support project executions
- Address problems directly, makes rapid course corrections and drives necessary changes to achieve business objectives.
- Drives professional and respectful collaboration within the functional groups and across the engineering team and overall for the Microsystems Business Unit
- Manage relationships with current vendors and subcontractors to ensure they remain on budget and provide quality on-time results and work to identify other vendors and subcontractors as necessary to provide the best solutions for our products
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience leading engineering teams.
- Minimum of 10 years in the Firmware(VHDL) and Software Engineering domain
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- Technically manage projects or processes
- Work effectively individually and as part of a team with little oversight
- Coach, review and delegate work to other professionals
- Influence others regarding policies, practices and procedures
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, tolerance of ambiguity, and commitment to tasks.
- Embrace the company culture that include the following values and behaviors:
- Teamwork, execution, communication, integrity, trust, customer focus, commitment, and sense of urgency
- Experience with continuous improvement and lean engineering principles
- Delivering results, innovation, helping and caring for others, recognizing and rewarding success, and life-long learning
- System in Package (SiP) solutions developing Firmware(VHDL) and Software that allow advanced testing of SiPs and create SiP Service Packages
- Experience with FPGA development kits and bench-top test equipment, such as, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, network analyzers, power supplies, etc.
- Embedded software development experience, C Programming.
- Understanding of stacks, interrupts, and microprocessor operation.
- Proficient in VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog development.
- Proficient with FPGA timing constraints and timing closure.
- Experience with Quartus and/or Vivado design workflow.
- FPGA design simulation experience (ModelSim or Questasim preferred).
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces, such as AXI, SATA, PCIe, Ethernet, SPI, I2C.
- Experience with NAND flash.
- Experience with LabView programming language.
- Atlassian tool suite including Confluence and JIRA
- Scripting using TCL
- Experience with Design for Test (DFT)
- Familiar with mixed-signal design techniques including ADC/DAC.
“This position requires you to have or obtain a government security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.”
Base Salary: $120,000 - $180,000