About Our Client
We are the global leader in e-commerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands’ End, Fanatics, UrbanStems, GoDaddy, Vistaprint and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that are using our solutions to… drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2021 Series E raise of USD$325M, we're is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 19 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With annual revenues of more than US$200M and vibrant company culture, we have been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture?
Our engineering team builds best-in-class e-commerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which give engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading an autonomous high performing team. You will be the owner of a component of the overall product and be responsible for the delivery of features, building and growing the team as well as driving technical excellence.
- Contributing to the collaborative development processes within the team and organization from across both product and technical domains
- Identifying and proposing improvements to the current system architecture that emphasize reliability and scalability
- Working with the product and engineering teams to produce development plans and see through to delivery and success
- Growing and mentoring the team, ensuring continuity and ongoing career development for the team and the members within it
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial software development experience designing, building and operating distributed systems and 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Strong complex system architecture design experience and understanding; space/time complexity, API contract design and stewardship, AWS cloud based infrastructure.
- Learn quickly: demonstrated ability to quickly understand and absorb new information. Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work.
- Problem solving skills: able to use first principles - using both qualitative and quantitative data - to solve complex problems.
- Leadership: organize and motivate engineering contributors, work with the product team to schedule in an efficient and productive manner, understanding business logic and be able to translate into appropriate technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English - you can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- We encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools
- Force for Good.
- We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all employees as well as anyone else who will be onsite at the NYC office – clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers – to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town.
- Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community.
- We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career.
- Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break.
- When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy.
- Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC office is dog-friendly!
- Become a shareholder.
- All employees has stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world!
- Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another office. We have cool offices in great cities - New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, Tokyo.
- Get the best of both worlds with a hybrid workplace.
- We currently work 3 days a week in office, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds (please note: this is subject to change based on the needs of the business and some support roles still require a full time presence). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We believe in equality.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary range: $225,000 - $265,000 / year
Location: Hybrid 3 days, of your choice, a week in office at the intersection of SoHo and TriBeCa within walking distance of the bike path and outdoor fields on the Hudson River. You’ll be tempted to skip the catered lunches to try out all of the delicious local eateries in the area.
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more