Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of… choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions’ Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Software Engineer oversees application development, modification, and maintenance of applications. This position monitors system applications, ensures systems run smoothly, and creates reports and other documentation outlining findings/solutions. This position sits within Regions' Technology department.
- Oversees development and installation of new hardware and software
- Provides advice and recommendations to management on processes and techniques required for improved work operations
- Installs and configures systems and other software
- Tests installed software for malfunction detection
- Identifies and resolves business systems issues
- Designs and deploys new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operation systems
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems
- Develops and implements strategies to improve systems
- Monitors and tests system performance
- Oversees the training of junior engineers to improve job skills and work efficiency
- Typically has full ownership of a process
- May act as a procedural expert
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Extensive React.js experience
- 5+ years of .NET experience with a focus on .NET Core
- MS SQL Server experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Seven (7) years of experience
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to collaborate with programmers, developers, and other technology professionals to achieve a common objective
- Ability to conduct system analysis to detect issues with performance
- Ability to develop and implement technology solutions to resolve technical challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of software testing techniques, code optimization and software debugging
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong executional capabilities
- Thorough understanding of software structures, hardware, computing systems and how to integrate them
Pay ranges are job specific and are provided as a point-of-market reference for compensation decisions. Other factors which directly impact pay for individual associates include: experience, skills, knowledge, contribution, job location and, most importantly, performance in the job role. As these factors vary by individuals, pay will also vary among individual associates within the same job.
The target information listed below is based on the national range and level of the position.
Job Range Target:
Incentive Pay Plans:
Opportunity to participate in the Long Term Incentive Plan.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that "one size does not fit all" for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Riverchase Operations Center
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans