We are looking for an outstanding Mid Level+ Ruby Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our customer facing web app. If you're a mid-level Ruby on Rails developer that can fix bugs, add to existing features and create new features from scratch we want to hear from you. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing our Rails 4 app… that uses ActiveAdmin as a backend. We use an API for our front end.
- Rails 4.1
- Ruby 2.2
- Resque prior to ActiveJob
- Design, develop, and maintain our Rails-based web application
- Work with the team to develop new features and enhance existing features
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Ensure that code is delivered on time
- Participate in daily scrums and suggest improvements
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in the application
- Work collaboratively with other developers
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Eagerness to learn and improve skill sets
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails development.
- Familiar with Ruby in both Rails and non-Rails contexts.
- Experience working on a Rails project running across a cluster of machines in a highly available fashion, preferably in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Professional programming experience with Ruby, Rails and JS.
- Experience with ActiveAdmin is a plus
- Strong understanding of web development concepts, such as MVC, REST, and CRUD
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Strong grasp of fundamentals and algorithms.
- Experience working with RESTful API's
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems (specifically PostgreSQL)
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar field or equivalent work experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 3 years
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote