RubyApps is reinventing the way brands engage with their customers by providing a more personalized, data-driven, relevant, and holistic content experience. We envision a future where creators, editors, and publishers can work more collaboratively and seamlessly across the content lifecycle, while delivering richer, resonant, and more consistent content to their audience.
Our services division… RubensteinTech, is seeking an experienced software engineer who shares our passion and can execute sophisticated interactive designs to the pixel.
We are a fully remote company looking to add a software engineer to our team.
If you’re someone who aspires to become an expert at your craft all the while helping your fellow engineers also become experts…
If you’re able to make surgical code explorations to determine the concise steps needed to resolve problems…
If learning new technologies excites you…
If you take complex feature requests as a fun technical challenge…
If your response to when a plugin isn’t available is that you’ll build it yourself…
Then please consider applying!
Your work may consist of:
- Implementing frontend web pages/web apps matching in both styling and interactivity based on designs
- Integrating said frontend with our in-house content marketing platform
- Architecting and/or implementing reusable UI components for the aforementioned web apps
- Architecting and/or implementing new features/plugins for our in-house content marketing platform
We work with a tech stack that includes (but not limited to):
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional front-end web development experience
- 2+ years of professional React programming experience
- 2+ years of professional Node.js programming experience
- Ability to translate high-end designs into pixel-perfect maintainable code
- Experience building modular reusable UI components
- Experience architecting modular or plugin-based applications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Interest in learning any of the aforementioned technologies that they might not be familiar with
- The desire to be a driving force for technological change at our company, be it introducing new technologies to use, suggesting better alternatives to the existing tech stack, or contributing code that solves problems that the industry has not yet resolve.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, efficient programming
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience developing and customizing sites built on open source content management systems like WordPress, Contentful, Strapi, KeystoneJs
- Strong understanding of web design best practices, usability patterns, and latest UI/UX trends.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Zeplin, Sketch
- An eye for great design
$80,000 - $120,000, plus may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within that range will be dependent on the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, geographic location, and applicable laws.
We fully recognize that our employees are the key to our long-term success. We have a vibrant company culture with numerous virtual and in-person opportunities to connect with your fellow team members. Employment includes world-class benefits and many of the perks and privileges of working for a small, profitable tech firm, including regular virtual and in-person happy hours and events, health/dental/vision insurance, a retirement plan with company match, top-notch hardware, nearly 5 weeks of paid vacation and holidays, an annual stipend to outfit your remote workstation, and a budget for professional development to help ensure you continue to learn and grow in your role. We have been in business for 20 years, have a solid track record of delivering professional software solutions for the web and mobile devices, and aren't dependent on our "next round of funding" to ensure you get paid next week. We're a highly focused team and you will have a major role in daily decision-making and our future success.
RubensteinTech is the creator of RubyApps and RubyLaw, Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) platforms that make creating, managing, and analyzing digital content easy and effective. For 20 years, we have developed sophisticated, intuitive software solutions that help marketers and developers be more efficient and productive, working in partnership with leading creative agencies. Our clients include financial institutions, lifestyle brands, non-profits, and some of the world's leading law firms.
While we are a fully remote company, we have roots in New York City. Our talented team is comprised of more than 25 software engineers, strategists, marketers, relationship specialists, and technical support professionals. We do not outsource or off-shore development or support services, and we are led and inspired by our mantra, Awesome Every Day, which rallies our internal culture and guides our commitment to excellence.
This is a remote position. Candidates must be able to legally work in the United States without RubensteinTech sponsorship.
RubensteinTech is an equal employment opportunity employer
Powered by JazzHR