Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn’t particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation…
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years creating the world’s first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we’ve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
As our Supervisor/Shipping you will be there to supervise and coordinate the daily shipping activities and ensure the timely and accurate flow of materials and components through the facility.
Here’s What You Can Expect Every Day
- Provide work direction to associates in the Materials Department.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using forklifts, and other equipment.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Observe work and monitor indicators to ensure that operators conform to appropriate standards.
- Maintain employee records, Kronos/Payroll, corrective action, warnings, etc.
- Adhere to company policies, Federal, State Local requirement and ISO Standards.
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with all procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform routine inspection on all material management activities assuring that quality standards are met.
- Document training of all associates on new procedures and equipment. Keep employees trained and well informed on new processes.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Oversee shift clean up tasks, communicate safety and processing concerns as well as issues with regulatory compliance.
- Communicate results/ concerns/ issues with Managers, Purchasing and Production Scheduler.
- Ensure shift to shift hand-off is completed and problems are addressed.
- Accomplish related results as assigned.
Wages: From $70,000/year - $85,000/year
This position is bonus eligible.
Benefits, upon satisfaction of applicable eligibility requirements, include but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, vacation/PTO/sick days/parental leave, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, and pension.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
- Associate degree required; BS in an Engineering or Business discipline strongly preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; preferably in chemical/paint manufacturing.
- A proven change agent with demonstrated ability to supervise and lead a diverse group of associates.
- Train and Coordinate teams to achieve high levels of productivity, quality and safety performance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office packages, SAP experience preferred.
- Proven abilities to successfully drive continuous improvement, manage multiple priorities and multitask.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations, BRI, 5S Housekeeping and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations