As our Plant Process Engineer you will control internal processes to manufacture paint and paint products by defining and analyzing the manufacturing process of both milling and filling operations for improvement in quality, safety, and efficiency, and creating, improving, and maintaining manufacturing Process Instructions (PI) and salvage/rework integration.
Solving challenges is the very… foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn’t particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years creating the world’s first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we’ve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
Here’s what you can expect every day:
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to on-going chemical reactions.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Design and plan layout of equipment.
- Prepare estimate of production costs and production progress reports for management.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.LI19
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred. Industrial and Electrical Engineers with hands-on mechanical & chemical experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of engineering job experience.
- Good process management, written and verbal communication skills are required along with a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, in project and people management in a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, safety, quality and Lean manufacturing principles