Kansas City, KS…
$140,000 - $180,000 / year
Our client is one of the largest and fastest growing developers and manufacturers of carbon nanotubes for industrial applications. They are opening a new plant in Kansas City, KS. The Engineering Manager will be a key member of the management team as it establishes capabilities within the country and market. The Engineering Manager will manage all aspects of the startup from equipment installation, commissioning, and product qualifications. The Engineering Manager will assist in building the technical team and create operational work instructions/standard operating procedures for all manufacturing processes.
What we’d like you to bring to the table:
· BS or higher degree in Engineering. (Chemical or Mechanical Preferred)
· 7 + years Engineering experience in a mixing processes, combustion or chemical batch production processes, ideally with powders such as carbon black or fumed metal oxides.
· Must have plant startup experience and understand material (liquid, gas, and solid) handling/conveying, mixing processes.
· Demonstrated analytical skills evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
· Strong budget awareness
· Communication and interpersonal skills overseeing staff and working with other team members.
· Detail-oriented for understanding complex systems and the ability to pay attention to details.
· Organizational skills for tracking various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously.
· Practical understanding of chemical, mechanical, and electrical disciplines along with applicable environmental and regulatory standards.
· Solid experience with good engineering practices as defined in the ASME standards
· Track record of success working with Front End Engineering Design and Engineering Procurement Construction Management firms.
· Familiarity with OSHA, the National Building Code and environmental regulations.
· Proficiency in standard software productivity suites such as Microsoft Office
· Previous experience with environmental permitting
· Lean manufacturing, 5S, and/or Six Sigma experience and/or certifications preferred.
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Interested in learning more? Please share a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda@careerpros.com