At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work… happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Engineer in NowX kickstart team, you will work with a talented group of developers kickstarting a new application/ line of business every few months. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture of powerful applications and introduce it to the company as a future product. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies such as mobile, UI componentry, predictive intelligence, workflow & automation, and developer tools & IDE.
- You are looking for challenges and opportunities and have the ability and desire to bring new ideas.
- You are enthusiastic about working in the latest technologies, such as React, Redux, and GraphQL.
- You are a team player and will work with other experienced co-workers to help us evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome user experience for our customers.
- You must possess a solid understanding of building amazing, performant and scalable user interfaces with large scale data, an obsession with design aesthetics, and engineering excellence.
- Backend: You are familiar with databases and at least one OO programming language (preferably Java).
- You know how to write your unit and integration test cases.
To be successful in this role you have:
- You will be building the software that immediately impacts our customer’s productivity and building features that enable our customers to be efficient in their work
- Engineer highly interactive web-based application UIs that can scale with application complexity
- You will use your experience building modern web experiences and your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to push the boundaries of our platform
- Evolve existing User Interfaces to increase interactivity, intuitiveness, performance and overall user delight
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other developers to build upon
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations
- Collaborate with best of breed UX designers and with back-end developers (Services and Database) to ensure seamless flow and interactivity…or work full stack and use our platform to build out the back-end services and data models you need!
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Adhering to best coding practices, providing code reviews, and mentoring more junior developers in the team
- Participating in design and/or customer discussions
- Deliver an outstanding experience for our customers
- Experience with third party integration is a plus.
For positions in California (outside of the Bay Area), we offer a base pay of $136,800 - $239,400, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs. Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located, and is subject to change based on work location. For individuals who will be working in the Bay Area, there is a pay enhancement for positions located in that geographical area; please contact your recruiter for additional information.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site