Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR) is boldly redefining commerce by simplifying complex payments ecosystems across the world. As the leader in commerce-enabling technology, Shift4 powers billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry…
As the leader in secure payment processing solutions, our groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, large venues, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Shift4Shop, VenueNext, Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch & Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry.
Shift4 has an expansive global footprint that includes more than a dozen offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000businesses, representing over $200 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com and see where we are headed!
We are looking for a passionate, technically strong Python engineer who understands what it takes for technical requirements, design solutions, collaborating with stakeholders and delivering technology services in a high velocity, dynamic, "always on" environment.
- Translate high-level requirements to actionable tasks and deliverables.
- Contribute to architecture and design for both large and small-scale systems.
- Design, build and operate distributed software services for transaction processing.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and continuously integrated.
- Collaborate with Quality assurance team in test planning and test coverage.
- Collaborate with DevOps and CI/CD in operational visibility, triaging incidents, and deployment planning.
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- Actively participate in growing and coaching fellow team members.
- Understand future business goals from Product Owners and make sure architecture and system design can support those goals.
- Build proof-of-concepts to validate architectural and design choices and evangelize those technical choices to other teams.
- Able to understand, diagnose and then solve deep technical and performance issues across the platform.
- Provide development support to resolve any issues with technical systems and applications.
- BA/BS/MA/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in backend development with Python.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and best practices.
- Experience in designing highly scalable, performant, and critical systems using OOPS and/or Functional programming.
- Strong in Test-Driven Development and proficiency in writing maintainable and adaptable code.
- Proficiency with SQL and Strong knowledge of one or more databases e.g., PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful micro-services.
- Strong understanding of an Agile work environment and Agile SDLC.
- Ambitious and highly motivated to deliver outstanding solutions with minimal mentorship.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills and experience in monitoring, alerting and distributed tracing.
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Previous experience on financial domain is a positive but not mandatory.
- Exposure to cloud technologies.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics