Engineering Manager | Royal Truck Body | Carson, CA
Regular Employee | Salary Exempt | $160,000.00 - 170,000.00…
Who we are
The Shyft Group, we are driven to deliver, and as the North American leader in specialty vehicles, our portfolio of last-mile delivery vehicles, work trucks, and motorhome chassis brings people, goods, and services where they need to be.
We are strengthened by nine industry-leading brands -- Utilimaster®, Blue Arc™ EV Solutions, Royal® Truck Body, DuraMag®, Magnum®, Strobes-R-Us®, Spartan® RV Chassis, Red Diamond™, and Builtmore™. Over 4,000 employees across ten states and two countries work independently and together as one team under Shyft, building chassis, vehicle bodies, and accessories that improve every route, every run, and every ride.
Empowered by a supportive, inclusive, and highly entrepreneurial culture, every person behind our brands is given the tools they need to make a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their families. Together under the Shyft umbrella, our teams drive new synergies that bring innovations to life on the road - for an experience that is safer, more satisfying, more rewarding all around.
With 50 years and millions of miles behind us, we continue to charge forward - leading the commercial vehicle transition to electric, innovating across all our brands, and earning our position among Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies.
What you'll do:
The Engineering Manager position for our Royal Truck Body brand is responsible for leading and providing guidance to the engineering teams to meet internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPI) monthly as well as establishing and maintaining a professional relationship between the company and our supply base in addition to providing guidance and direction to streamline production.
- Ensure highly qualified resources are in place to support department activities through accurate resource forecasting, including management of headcount (hiring and dismissals)
- Demonstrate technical leadership and drive the application of sound engineering principles and practice in support of business objectives
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate processes, procedures, and programs necessary for the department to function effectively and efficiently
- Develop, implement, and monitor department budget and manage expenses within approved budget constraints (both material and resources)
- Establish departmental goals and objectives that support corporate strategic directives, with focus on continuous improvement as measured through departmental key performance indicators
- Support development plans to ensure continued professional growth for team members and to maintain group proficiency
- Promote a creative, innovative, and results-oriented work environment with a focus on accountability and business ownership
- Maintain a high degree of visibility and access to associates, stay up to date on overall activities of the team, identify problem areas, and take corrective actions when necessary
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with cross-functional teams (materials, purchasing, sales, etcetera) to resolve issues and ensure objectives are met
- Represent The Shyft Group at industry tradeshows, organizations, and with regulatory agencies
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (engineering, materials, purchasing, sales, etcetera) to resolve issues and ensure objectives are met
- This role will be responsible for general quality initiatives
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, Technical, or related field required
- Minimum 6 years' engineering experience related to the design and product development
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing and leading teams
- Intermediate computer skills are required
- Experience in metals fabrication and weldment operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Willing to travel as needed
Why The Shyft Group?
We believe that when our people thrive personally and professionally, our business thrives. We are committed to offering comprehensive benefits programs that stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.
Medical and Rx Plan
Health Savings Account
Dental and Vision Plan
Healthcare Flexible Spending
401 (k) Retirement Savings
Short and Long Term Disability
Company Provided Life and Dependent Life Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Dependent Care FSA
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Shyft Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply, please email us at email@example.com