At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. We are building the data foundation of Web3: a fully decentralized and community-operated data warehouse, using novel cryptography to connect tamperproof query results directly to smart contracts. This enables joining trustless on-chain and off-chain data in… a single platform, allowing Web3 developers to build new use cases quickly. Our team is growing fast, backed by the top L1 blockchains and VCs, as well as enterprise partners such as Microsoft and Samsung NEXT.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first truly decentralized data platform!
As a Principal Software Engineer focused on Rust development within our Consensus Protocol Engineering team you will be joining highly skilled engineers, cryptographers, and researchers responsible for developing BFT consensus algorithms for Space and Time’s next generation data platform. You will collaborate with the rest of your team, other Space and Time teams to implement and test the core consensus algorithm. You will play a critical role as part of our core team and will have significant impact and influence over the direction of our technology. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing BFT consensus algorithms, defining and prioritizing short and long term deliverables, coordinating with other teams, and learning a small development team to ensure high-quality deliverables.
The US salary range for this full-time position is $150,300 - $200,000. In addition to your base salary, your total compensation package will include a targeted annual bonus, RSU, and benefits.
Individual base pay depends on various factors, such as the complexity and responsibility of the role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
- Research, design, and implement a BFT consensus layer for our decentralized trustless Space and Time platform
- Design tradeoffs between performance, safety, and cost while implementing the consensus layer
- Define and prioritize short-term and long-term deliverables
- Coordinate with other teams for alignment and delivery
- Lead the development effort with a small team and ensure high quality
- Mentor team members and ensure they are up-to-date with emerging technologies and best practices
- Drive innovation in consensus algorithms, P2P networking, and cryptography to ensure cutting-edge technology
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product success
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in math, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field. PhD is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- Expertise in Rust programming language
- Proven experience building and shipping large scale distributed systems
- Experience in asynchronous programming with Rust
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with libp2p, gossipsub
- Familiarity Byzantine Fault Tolerance protocols
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives such as elliptic curves, BLS, key management
- Familiarity with microservices, gRPC/protobufs in Rust.
- Ultra competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Aggressive bonus structure and/or Space and Time token allocations (similar to stock options)Very flexible PTO and paid holidays and flexible workweek
- Very flexible remote work options
- A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Notice to Third Party Recruitment/Staffing Agencies:
Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without a binding, fully executed, written agreement. Any written or verbal communication with any person within Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not create a binding agreement.
Space and Time Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee to any parties that do not have a valid, fully executed Agreement in place. Any unsolicited resumes or CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers or employees are deemed to be the property of Space and Time Labs, Inc. Space and Time Labs, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Parties without a fully executed and valid agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of the Company with recruiting inquiries or resumes. All candidate resumes must be presented to the hiring managers directly by the Company’s internal Talent Acquisition team.
Agencies interested in partnering with Space and Time Labs, Inc. may contact our Talent Acquisition team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without a binding, fully executed, written agreement. Any written or verbal communication with any person within Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not create a binding agreement