ABOUT SPARK DIGITAL At Spark Digital, we believe that creating digital experiences is an inherently human and collaborative process. That’s why we focus and invest relentlessly in two things: the individuals that make up our team, and the quality of service we provide to our clients. We cultivate an environment where new ideas and excellence have room to thrive - even with a remote workforce. Our culture of learning rewards curiosity and gives our team members opportunities to learn, grow, and own the evolution of their careers. Our clients come to us to help solve their biggest and most complex business and technology challenges. We enjoy the thrill and satisfaction of working on core products that propel business growth and touch the lives of millions of users every day. Our primary expertise is in the Media & Entertainment and EdTech industries but we work with clients in many other industries. We’re proud that our partners include prestigious brands such as Dow Jones, FOX, Warner… Bros., Verizon, Kaplan, Macmillan, among other leading brands.
YOUR MISSION As a Senior RoR Engineer, your mission is to connect the dots between business needs and technology. You are a builder at heart who takes joy in the alchemy of art, science, and hard work that make up digital experiences. Knowing that process determines outcomes, you collaborate, ask questions, challenge the status quo, embrace agility, and seek to improve everything you touch. You take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
CLIENT & PROJECT Our client is building the first mobile platform for early education with the largest network of US schools and providers. Based in San Francisco & Denver, they are building a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors including GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Bessemer Ventures, among others.
- Write high-quality code that impacts small business owners, teachers, parents, and children every day
- Lead the back-end portion of projects from concept to release within a product engineering pod targeting a company goal
- Be a steward of quality, scalability, security, and performance. You'll work with other engineers to ensure that we have a solid foundation that serves our customers, and enables the team to continue building great products
- Identify bottlenecks and implement improvements to engineering processes, tools, and procedures
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning across engineering, product, and design via mentoring, documentation, presentations, or other knowledge sharing methods
- 4+ years of experience working with Rails
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
It would be plus if you have: - Experience migrating from monolith to microservices
- Experience in system design
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Competitive Salary - For Full-Time Argentine team members we offer a hybrid compensation model which pays in a percentage of USD and pesos. Your salary is also indexed to the MEP dollar and will be adjusted for cost of living changes every three months. All other LATAM team members are paid in dollars as contractors.
- Remote Work, Flexibility & Balance - We offer remote opportunities and other benefits designed to support healthy work/life balance and growing families. Team members are welcome to work entirely remotely. While we welcome team members to our offices in Buenos Aires, Mar del Plata, and Tandil it will never be required to work in the office.
- Career Path Planning - Team members are encouraged to create an independent career path based on their ambitions. We provide the training and support to help them along the way.
- Training & Mentorship - Learning and professional development are a big part of company culture. We support it with unlimited access to Udemy, internal training and training, a robust mentorship program, and reimbursements for English tutoring.
- Culture & Connection - You are not a number, you are an individual that is part of something bigger. We never use the words staff or employee. At Spark Digital everyone is a team member. We cultivate connections within teams, across functions, and up and down the org chart. We make sure everyone is noticed and feels connected to our mission and each other.
SparkDigital focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Developer APIs, and Outsourcing. Their company has offices in New York City, West New York, and Buenos Aires. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.sparkdigital.com/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn