Join us as we build a safer and more resilient digital world. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join our dynamic Pre-Sales team. Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will manage a team of Sales Engineers in support of sales to achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead technical role in your region supporting sales activities, recruiting top talent, and actively engaged with key customers. Ensure tight alignment between field sales and other organizations within Splunk. This is a hands-on combo coach/player management role.
- Lead a team of Sales Engineers helping to ensure sales and customer success.
- Engage directly with Pre-Sales and Sales Leadership to strategize on their opportunities and engage in pre-sales activities for Splunk’s solutions.
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top field engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills.
- Work closely with field leadership to jointly develop strategic and technical account plans.
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand their business challenges.
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities.
- Support Splunk Professional Services by identifying and scoping new opportunities and following major engagements to ensure customer success.
- Provide Sales Engineers with continual development feedback and co-developing development plans for everyone.
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans.
- Conduct regular 1 1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s.
- At least 8+ years’ experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- At least 2+ years’ related SE/SA Management experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio is helpful.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, challenge, and lead people toward their peak performance.
- Able to travel up to 50 % (when safe to do so)
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements