SRC, Inc. is seeking a Data Scientist to develop and apply interdisciplinary methods, algorithms, statistics, and research techniques in the development of data driven solutions to extract knowledge, provide insights, and present information from data in various structures and unstructured forms. SRC has been named to numerous state and national “Best Company to Work For” lists - want to know… why? We are committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. We give you the freedom and the resources to solve "impossible" problems in a highly innovative and collaborative work environment - all while helping keep America safe and strong.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology, and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories, and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Performs analysis of data systems, such as Big Data systems
- Performs statistical analysis and provides input for reports and dashboards
- Assists in the development of data products, reports, and dashboards or other display techniques
- Evaluates data, algorithms, and their interaction to improve algorithm performance
- May apply advanced statistics, including natural language processing and machine learning to create solutions
- Assists with data modeling and data virtualization
- Writes code to preprocess and clean data
- May conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
What You Bring to the Team – Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, engineering, math, statistics, or physics
- 5+ years related experience
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning, data science techniques and mathematical approaches
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for DIA-SCI access. Candidate selected must successfully pass a DIA CI polygraph within 60 days of hire
Ways to Stand Out – Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with Machine Learning / Deep Learning, Advanced Analytics, Neo4j, MongoDB, ArangoDB, SQL and NOSQL databases
- Applied Mathematics experience in areas such as Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Partial Differential Equations.
- Possess a deep understanding of the mathematical concepts behind Artificial Neural Networks, and know how to tailor activation functions, loss functions, and network layers, beyond the use of basic ML libraries.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, CI/CD pipelines, and Agile methodologies.
- Proactive self-starter capable of finding and solving problems with little guidance
- DoD Analyst background
- Data engineering experience: working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data