Job Title: Python Developer with Oracle/Hadoop
Location: Charlotte, NC…
Full Time/ Permanent
Senior developer that will be responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining application used for Independent Price Verification process for the Global Markets business.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing object-orientated software in Python, object-oriented database, Oracle, Hadoop and grid computing using proprietary Quartz platform.
- Responsible for developing data transfer tools to replicate data from no-sql datastore to an Oracle (Exadata) database
- Responsible for building REST web services
- Responsible for designing interface between UI and REST service.
- Responsible for building data-grid centric UI based on Angular framework.
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle.
- Participating fully in Agile software development process
Required Skills and Experience we are Looking For:
- 6-10 years of overall technology experience is required
- 6-10 years of designing and developing in an object-oriented environment with any OO language is required. (i.e. Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- 3-5 years Python experience.
- We prefer people with experience across a range of languages and technologies, especially C++/Java and Python.
- 6-10 years designing and tuning SQL database tables/queries is required.
- Experience with git, npm, Angular (5.x or later) a plus.
- Experience with financial instruments and Price Verification processes is desirable.
- Experience with grid computing and high data volume a plus
- Experience with object-oriented database a plus
- Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing and continuous integration is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communications
Desired Skills and Experience we are Looking For:
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile process (pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem domain in which they have been working
- Strong communication skills
- Passion to learn new technology.
- Relevant industry (banking middle/back office/Finance) experience
We Can Offer You:
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- A multinational organization with offices in 17 global locations and the possibility to work abroad
- Laptop and a mobile phone
- 15 days of paid annual leave
- Maternity & Paternity leave plans
- A comprehensive insurance plan including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-/short-term disability
- Retirement savings plans
- A higher education certification policy
- Extensive training opportunities, focused on skills, substantive knowledge, and personal development
- On-demand Udemy for Business for all Synechron employees with free access to more than 5000 curated courses
- Coaching opportunities with experienced colleagues from our FinLabs and Center of Excellences (CoE) groups
- Cutting edge projects at the world’s leading tier-one banks, financial institutions and insurance firms
- A flat and approachable organization
- An excellent working atmosphere: regular drinks, sports activities, offsite weekends with a young, dynamic team
- A truly diverse, fun-loving and global work culture
SYNECHRON’S DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Diversity & Inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We encourage applicants from across diverse backgrounds, race, ethnicities, religion, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientations, or disabilities to apply. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programs, and more.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law