ONSITE IN BEDFORD, TX* USC OR GC ONLY**** NO C2C
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining multi-tiered software solutions. They will collaborate with peers and their Manager to determine scalable solutions that best meets/exceeds the expectations of the requirements. They will work independently as well as part of a development team based on the business… application being delivered. Will work closely with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, and Business Stakeholders to help define detailed requirements and propose technological solutions to business needs. Supports and encourages coding standards and practices.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enhance n-tier Windows/Web applications to support insurance and financial services businesses using C#, .Net, AJAX, Infragistics, MS Server, SSRS, WIX and DevOps/TFS. Adheres to agreed upon standards and tools to ensure consistency and to achieve well-engineered results.
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting quickly and accurately to minimize software issues and integrity. Builds unit tests as new modules are created and modifies existing unit tests as changes are made.
- Create, modify and maintain complex stored procedures for financial reporting, forecasting and loss/gain analysis trends.
- Ability to provide analysis, designs, and modeling for new software solutions, based on a detailed understanding of business processes. Produce relationship diagrams, entity descriptions, and structures to help present solutions to peers and business end users in a way that's easy to understand.
- Collaborate with Business Stakeholders, Business Analysts and other IT groups to help define and recommend software solutions that are scalable, maintainable and efficient to achieve/exceed the expectations of the business unit.
- Occasionally required to work late evening and weekends as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organization/time management
- Strong analytical and solving
- Ability to think through and process complex financial transactions
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Ability to work/motivate team members as well as being able to work independently
- Shows flexibility and attention to details
- Strong desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to handle ever increasing responsibility and assignments with growing complexity
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Strong-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well-organized, disciplined work habits
- Ability to manage and complete multiple, concurrent tasks
- College degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Math or Accounting degree a definite plus
- 3+ years of client/server and/or Internet/Web application development experience
- 2+ years using the tools listed above
- 2+ years of experience developing software using a database, preferably MS Server.
System Soft Technologies is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com