Job CategoryEngineering & Information Technology
LocationPalo Alto, California
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
- Do you want to craft transformative user experiences that power the ecosystem of Tesla Solar, Powerwall, and Vehicle products? Tesla is looking for entry level, Senior, and Staff Software Engineers to build transformational experiences that drive the worldwide transition to sustainable energy.
- The Energy Tesla Mobile App team builds the core app experience for Solar and Powerwall. Our home screen uses rich 3D graphics to show what your home is doing in real time, and our graphs display a historical view of your home’s energy use. We’ve also shipped Charge Stats, a tool for evaluating the cost of charging your Tesla vehicle, and the savings from switching to an EV. We also help support utility grids worldwide with the Tesla Virtual Power Plant, a product that improves grid stability for even those without Solar and Powerwall.
- We build our app in TypeScript, React Native, the Godot 3D Engine. We move quickly with an emphasis on data contracts via protocol buffers and aspire to continually delight our users with beautiful interactions. We partner closely with our distributed systems team as we build a sophisticated platform that shapes the electric grid's future, and we keep a deep relationship with vehicle teams as we shape the future of the app together.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer our Mobile App using TypeScript, React Native, Redux, Go, D3 Scales, Swift, SwiftUI, Kotlin, and the Godot 3D Engine.
- Deliver beautiful, intuitive, and powerful applications for Solar, Powerwall, Megapack, and Tesla Vehicle owners.
- Work with Energy Product, Design, and Leadership to craft new features as we transform the future of energy.
- Contribute to our full-stack integration with bleeding-edge server technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation to push our product suite forward.
- Increase application stability and performance through unit, integration, and stress testing.
What You’ll Bring
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields or practical software engineering experience
- 1 year of experience building front-end applications for iOS or Android.
- Generalist Experience with a willingness and curiosity to focus in any area of our app, including DevOps, Accessibility, Test & QA Automation, Realtime 3D Graphics, Telemetry & Graphs, or Server & Full-Stack interactions.
- A hunger to build rapidly with pragmatic implementations while maintaining high code quality, maintainability, and performance standards.
- Passion for Tesla’s mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Besides a rock-solid work ethic, a bias for empathetic communication, and a strong team-oriented personality, members of our team demonstrate creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
Compensation and BenefitsBenefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary cash and stock awards benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice