Provides project management including adherence to budget, schedule and scope. Plans, schedules or coordinates projects activities to meet deadlines. Monitors project compliance. Coordinates the overall integration of the project. Supervises and directs project personnel; assigns duties and responsibilities…
The Data Science - Bioinformatics is part of the Institute of Telehealth and Digital Innovation (ITDI) and reports to the Managing Director.
Is responsible for analyzing healthcare data to identify patterns and trends that can inform decision-making and improve patient outcomes. This position will work closely with other members of the development team to ensure that data is accurate, accessible, and secure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of data analysis techniques, statistical concepts, and machine learning (ML) algorithms.
- Proficiency in SQL, R+, & Python
- Experience in Health Informatics or Biometrics
- Clear Understanding of HIPPA Compliance practices
- Experiencing building and presenting data models
- Familiarity with working in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS, MS Azure), Git, Databricks, and data visualization frameworks (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Passionate for improving healthcare solutions
- Performs statistical analysis using a variety of statistical software programs.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of advanced analytics and machine learning (ML) models to explain or predict the behavior, experience and outcomes of patients, and clinicians
- Creates and modifies statistical programs to analyze, review, or summarize data.
- Prepares statistical reports, tabulations, and graphs for draft manuscripts and presentations.
- Coordinates collection and integration of data from various sources and formats (such as from multiple study sites or databases) into forms compatible with computer and analysis.
- Identifies and troubleshoots missing, miscoded, or incomplete data and notifies QC/validation and clinical staff.
- Assists investigators, collaborators, or clients in extracting pertinent data for sub-study analysis.
- Provides input on study protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- Maintains logs of completed analysis files and statistical programs.
Bachelor's degree plus three years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal seven years.
- Strong understanding of data analysis tools and techniques, as well as knowledge of machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Must be up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to ensure that their products are competitive and effective.
- Experience with working on a range of digital health projects, from predictive analytics platforms to population health management systems
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan website .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. To view this report, visit the TTUHSC Clery Act website