At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your… future with us.
Boeing Enterprise AI Center (BEAC) is seeking a Senior Software Manager - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning who will be responsible for Creation of a Software centric organization, under ET&T, for creation of AI infrastructure and tooling, creation of best-in-class models and ensembles that can be re-purposed and reused, and provide AI-based software applications, as well as serve as a consulting/expertise arm for our customers.
The successful candidate will be building out and leading highly-motivated AI/ML software development teams that include AI/ML Foundational Infrastructure and tooling, AI/ML re-usable models → Building Blocks and AI/ML application development, and consulting team.
This leader will be responsible for the execution of the AI/ML Foundation and Factory and serve as the point of contact for the AI/ML software Center of Excellence (COE).
- Lead Research and Development contract efforts for the organization
- Leading interactions with business leadership and program management
- Responsible for the prototype and production of DataOps and MLOps
- Responsible for leading the strategic reuse of AI Model
- Responsible for implementing AI/ML software standard processes for ET&T
- Support business unit regarding to AI/ML function and stand-up of the AI/ML functional organization
- Establish, implement and govern Software Engineering Best Practices
- Develop and execute best practices related to deploying AI/ML solutions
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage teams of software developers, fostering their career growth and building a strong team culture based on inclusion, innovation, and respect
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and motivate the team to achieve common objectives through effective teamwork
- Collaborate with customers and other leaders to clearly define expectations and deliver exceptional solutions
- Drive innovation by looking beyond current practices and utilizing creative thinking to discover new opportunities and solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to inform and implement the company's technology strategy, with a special focus on execution and timely delivery
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and will not require the selected candidate to relocate.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
To be considered for this position you will be required to complete a technical assessment as part of the selection process. Failure to complete the assessment will remove you from consideration.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- 8+ years of experience leading or managing software engineering activities
- 5+ years of experience in leading program execution in the AI/ML space
- Experience with software architecture and software implementation
- Experience with AI/ML technologies, frameworks, models and ensembles
- Experience with python, ML Ops and Data Ops frameworks
- Ability to build, grow and lead a Global Software Engineering Organization
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A strong, influential leadership style that moves people to act, motivates and inspires excellence and innovation
- Strong experience with transitioning outputs to business organizations and customers. Must have strong business operations & presentation skills
- Proactively and quickly makes sense of complex issues; responds effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicates complicated information simply
- Gains others' trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, guiding, growing and leading teams of first level managers
- 3+ years of experience working with internal and external customers and suppliers
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 165,750 - 258,750
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law