The HT Group is seeking experience backend developers for a remote direct hire opportunity with a leading AI company in Austin, TX. Although the position is remote, candidates must be local to Austin/Central Texas area. Sponsorship is not available for this role…
- Developing backend API and Micro-services using Go
- Work with the Reliability team to troubleshoot and resolve bugs.
- Work on tickets assigned to maintain the backend for use within our application.
- Keep assigned tickets updated, and follow the engineering workflow
- Assisting other team members, and answering questions regarding codebase.
- Creating new application features and enhancing existing features.
- Work with front-end developers to create a seamless application
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Design complete backend features, and work with other developers to drive it to completion
- Minimum 3 years real world experience with coding in Go.
- Minimum 3 years real world experience Git version control.
- Minimum 3 years real world experience with using GitHub
- Minimum 3 years real world Postgres and SQL.
- Minimum 3 years real world experience with developing REST APIs.
- Solid understanding of scrum methodologies and terms.
- Minimum 3 years real world experience with Graphql APIs.
- Minimum 3 years real world experience with modern code editors or IDEs
- NoSQL DB experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Mastery of English language, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate successfully with remote teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment.
- Provide daily updates in team update system.
- A work ethic which includes honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work within a hybrid Agile / Waterfall development methodology.
- Active participation in daily standups, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations.
- Able to successfully develop new features with little or no guidance
- Able to draw upon experience to start to make architectural recommendations and process improvements
- Able to mentor team members and assist in onboarding new engineers