This a Full Remote job, the offer is available from: United States
This offer from "The Krazy Coupon Lady" has been enriched by Jobgether and got a 77% flex score…
The Krazy Coupon Lady (KCL) is a female-founder-owned publisher on a mission to help shoppers beat MSRP, unapologetically maximize their money, and seize the deal. Our team of shopping experts curates and hand-tests nearly a thousand deals per week, so there is always something new to discover each time you visit our website, app, and your inbox.
KCL will currently consider applicants who reside in the following states: Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong database and general back-end experience who is eager to solve large-scale technical challenges to join our rapidly growing engineering team at Krazy Coupon Lady (KCL) in the personalization and AI/ML space! As a senior engineer on the team, you will work on data products that drive the core of our business and be a key contributor in building out new features, improving performance, and providing guidance on key architectural decisions in the user experience space. We want to work with team members who are excited about learning how to build and support machine learning pipelines that scale not just computationally, but in ways that are flexible, iterative, and geared for collaboration. You will have the opportunity to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as architecting new iterations of critical components for our systems and optimizing our systems for resilience as they scale.
Our fully remote team is responsible for building software used by millions of users! As a senior on the team, you hold yourself to a high standard, and you help set the bar. You act as a bridge between non-technical teams and Engineering, able to effectively understand business challenges and requirements. Given a nebulous project, you are able to appropriately scope it, find a solution, then execute. Working closely with stakeholders across KCL, you consistently deliver high-quality results, and you are seen as a leader and valuable contributor to major company initiatives. We greatly value team members who help make us better engineers and are excited, in turn, to learn from us. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Construct solutions by developing a deep understanding of the user journey in our products, studying information and business needs, investigating problem areas, and following our software development lifecycle
- Create infrastructure to help us not only scale up data ingest but large-scale cloud-based machine learning
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration and continuous improvement or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes
- Document solutions with the intent of knowledge share by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, charts, etc.
- Mentor early-career engineers during design, implementation, and testing and provide support to the Lead Engineers when needed
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and responsiveness to complete work and solve problems, with a strong drive to persevere when faced with ambiguity
- Work autonomously at times and collaboratively at times all in the name of building products that delight our users
- Work closely with Product Operations to ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals and fulfill end-user requirements Identify and resolve systems issues
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly collaborative environment
- You are known for raising the bar in backend development with a passion for unifying data and building systems that scale from both an operational and an organizational perspective
- You have a deep understanding of design, data structures, and algorithms
- Your opinions on SOA concepts, principles, and patterns come from lessons learned, and mistakes made
- You think like a product owner and are, at heart, very relationship-driven and customer-focused
- You’re a critical thinker who is equal parts transparent and kind, who also seeks out feedback on your own work for collaborative improvements
- At the end of the day, you want the really hard stuff; the impossible-to-figure-out problems, because you know there’s a solution
- Your approach of looking for what’s possible is infectious, and you genuinely enjoy bringing that energy to the room with your teammates
- You’re agile in temperament and discipline and also flexible and can switch tasks as priorities change.
- You can intelligently speak to recent advancements in machine learning, AI, and shifts in the development landscape because you are a lifelong learner
- Top-notch communicator with experience on highly collaborative, agile teams within a Product-oriented organization
- Heavy focus on ML and AI aspects of engineering with specific experience in building, productizing, and monitoring pipelines for AI and ML
- Experience with AWS platform architecture Experience with containers/orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred)
- Experience with both traditional SQL relational databases, and document databases such as MongoDB
- Certification in Cloud Development from AWS, AZURE or GOOGLE a plus
- Experience in re-architecting monolithic systems into microservices, utilizing cloud vendor agnostic frameworks
- 3+ years’ experience with microservices software architecture
- 3+ years leading the end-to-end design and development of scalable services to be consumed by the enterprise, including monitoring and production support
About KCLWith our roots in Boise, ID, we’ve grown into a remote company with employees located across the United States. We’re a team focused on hard work, humility, and transparency. We believe in the power of community and the magic of friendship that created KCL so, for us, everything we do is people-first.KCL participates in E-Verify:Notice of Participation in E-Verify (Notice in Spanish);Notice of Right To Work: E-Verify (Notice in Spanish