Position at The O'Connor Group…
We're looking for an ELECTRIC SYSTEMS ENGINEERING MANAGER for our client, AMETEK SFMS (Sensors and Fluid Management Systems).
About Ametek SFMS :
Ametek's Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications, and serves both the military and commercial markets. They offer custom design and engineering services and high-quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Their product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, wastewater level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
The Electric Systems Engineering Manager will split time managing the team and acting as a working design engineer, leading the design and ownership of multiple engineering projects and customers. The ideal candidate will be a success-oriented individual with demonstrated success designing electromechanical sensing devices such as thermocouples, speed sensors, temperature sensors and electrical cables.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Directs department activities and helps develop policies to design new products, and modify existing designs to improve manufacturability, overall product design quality and differentiation
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects and resource loading
- Manages and coaches direct reports and team members for continuous department performance improvement
- Will lead development of new technologies to sustain competitive advantage
Must have a strong blend of technical, project & positive customer relationship building experience
- Requires exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and technical analytical skills, as well as demonstrated strong use of analytical tools, including FEA
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering required
- Requires 7+ years' experience designing electromechanical sensing devices, with solid knowledge of FAA certification a plus.
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling design software, SolidWorks preferred
- Experience in a regulated industry such as aerospace, defense, or medical
- Knowledge of environmental testing procedures and standards, such as DO-160 or MIL-STD-810
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities
- Demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills using cross functional communication
- Demonstrated ownership of the performance of engineering development programs
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives for self and team to meet Business Unit expectations
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible, who wants to learn and grow professionally
- Computer skills to include MS Office
- Self-motivated, self-starter, strong work ethic, self-advocate
Equal Employment Opportunity
TOCGRP is proud to provide equal-opportunity employment to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law