Senior Engineering Manager, Computer Science - The Toro Company
Who Are We…
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens, to venues such as St. Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in.
With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years, come find out what makes The Toro Company - Agricultural Engineering Division the best place in Riverside, CA to build a career. At The Toro Company's California locations, we pride ourselves as being an industry leader in outdoor irrigation solutions for our partners in the Commercial and Agriculture industries. Our products utilize some of the most cutting-edge technology while proving high durability through heavy usage and severe weather conditions. At this location, our teams are collaborative with a great balance of tenured and junior level employees which allows growth opportunities, but also a new way of thinking. Here, you have the ability to join a team that is highly talented and passionate about what they do.
The Senior Engineering Manager will be responsible for the management and leadership of engineering talent to accomplish growth and innovation objectives. Three primary focuses: Software, Firmware and Mechanical. Responsible for overall talent development; management of cross functional product development teams; creation of valued technological innovation. Ensure compliance with product safety, cost, durability, and schedule attainment.
This opportunity is NOT eligible for VISA Immigration Sponsorship in the future.
This role is conveniently located in Riverside, CA, 92504! This opportuity will most frequently require 5-days/week in the office. At times, they may consider Monday, Tuesday, Thursday in the office and Wednesday/Friday are optional Remote/Work From Home occasions.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Project Management - Compuer Science: Project coordination with various business functions including safety, quality, product development, operations, sales, finance, marketing, and leadership team. Lead project teams in the planning, execution, and control of projects delivering new products and/or current product updates. Participate in establishing long-range product and technology strategy. Proactively reviews and communicates project status to leadership team; identify and recommend appropriate plan revisions; update plans as appropriate. Responsible for managing project budget. Conducts regular design, quality, cost, manufacturability and safety reviews with project team and support functions. Coordinates with legal department on patent activity and any liability claims.
- Supervisory: Coach and lead team with personal and professional development; provide opportunities and resources for learning. Identify and create strategy for future talent requirements and skill sets. Conducts performance and salary reviews on an annual basis. Establishes team and individual objectives. Manages assigned resources to complete approved projects in support of goals and objectives.
- Technical: Establishes product specifications, features, design objectives, budget, and schedule. Conducts feasibility studies to support selection of optimum solution alternatives. Works with vendors to insure selection of quality components. Learn and implement new technologies to improve the product development process. Comply with Design For Manufacturing and Assembly objectives. Stay informed on industry trends related to design, manufacturing and materials.
What Do You Need?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
- Senior Engineering Manager: Minimum 10+ years of combined experience as a computer/software developer AND prior experience as a Project Manager in a related technical environment.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline. ABET accredited insitution and Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience leading a technical team preferred. Demonstrated business acumen in developing strategies and budget management
- Reasoning ability: Good conceptual ability with a solid appreciation for the execution implications of concepts.
- Leadership skills: Ability to coach and mentor staff. Ability to project a professional and polished appearance and demeanor. Ability to be appropriately assertive.
- Physical demands: 0%-10% Travel Required for trade shows or for networking/teambuilding opportunities.
What Can We Give You?
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits - The Toro company offers employees at our Bloomington, MN HQ location a variety of perks, including:
- Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
- Location - This role is conveniently located in Riverside, CA, 92504! This opportuity will most frequently require 5-days/week in the office. At times, they may consider Monday, Tuesday, Thursday in the office and Wednesday/Friday are optional Remote/Work From Home occasions.
- Wellness - TTC offers a variety of mental health and financial health resources to all employees.
- Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The current salary range is $142,000 to $210,000. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package. If you need to, you can access your pay early with the EVEN app.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees