Golang Software Developer - Remote - Florida
We are hiring at Thermeon for an experienced Golang Software Developer to join our growing team. We specialise in car rental software, vehicle management, reservation, and support systems. We are focused on evolving our products in line with new technology to provide our clients with the tools and support to manage their fleets with ease; now and in… the future.
CARS+ is at the core of Thermeon, providing the fastest complete car rental system on the market. Our customers and partners span forty countries across six continents and provide a trusted source of skills in the car rental market. With offices in Europe, The Americas and Australia, our highly experienced teams provide the skills to build the right systems for our clients; for any fleet size and budget.
Here is a little window into our company: For over 30 years, Thermeon has been a global source of knowledge and best-practice in the car rental industry. Our powerful and innovative car rental software solutions have been supporting operators worldwide; delivering high-quality vehicle hire systems that help both global and independent businesses to maximise revenue and drive sales. We understand car rental operators and anticipate the needs of our customers, creating systems which are custom-built for your organisation. Thermeon was acquired by Valsoft Corporation and is now part of the Aspire Software portfolio, the operational arm of Valsoft Corp, which operates and manages Valsoft's global portfolio of wholly owned software companies, providing mission-critical solutions across multiple verticals. By implementing industry best practices, Aspire delivers a time-sensitive integration process, and the operation of a decentralized model has allowed it to become a hub for creating rapid growth by reinvesting in its portfolio.
The successful candidate can be based anywhere in Florida working from home.
What your day will look like:
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- Construct and contribute to major project high-level design strategy
- Help the team to define the roadmap and make decisions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering essential
- Experience in GCP or other cloud frameworks
- At least 2 years experience in Google Golang is essential
- Experience integrating with Payment services, payment processors, gateways
- Knowledge of automated build management tools
- Experience in using the GIT software management program, including advanced features such as rebasing, reset, reflog, etc.
- Familiar with Linux development environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an Agile environment, including continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills
- Legally authorized to work in the USA
- Familiarity with Perl, C++
- Familiarity with Windows development environment
- Familiarity with IBM WebSphere MQ
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP, VPN, DNS
- Knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium
For further information about Thermeon, you can visit our website at