As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take… science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Our Recombinant Proteins (REP) Business Unit in Cranbury, NJ is part of our Biosciences Division. REP unites deep scientific expertise with a collaborative culture to build a product portfolio that includes cytokines, growth factors, antibodies and ELISA kits used to support the research of our academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical customers.
How will you make an impact?
As the Facilities and Engineering Manager, you play a critical role in meeting the needs of our customers as well as our team. You'll be responsible for keeping our facility safe, and our equipment up and running so that our production continues to run optimally and will support facility improvements and expansion. In this hands-on position, you'll guide the Facility Management and EH&S team with the objective of providing leadership in the areas of facilities management (e.g. planning and construction, preventative maintenance, environmental services, safety).
What will you do?
- Seek out and identify methods, technologies, sustainable alternatives, and innovation in building operations that meets or exceeds our sustainability and performance goals.
- Serve as a member of the site leadership team, working actively on strategy deployment to support Recombinant Proteins and the Cranbury site.
- Partnership with all Departments & Functions needed to drive effective execution & safety and services.
- Anticipating challenges and risks. Prepare, lead and implement proactive mitigation strategies to ensure sustainable results and compliance.
- Manages the forecast of additional funds needed for projects, staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies
- Develop and make recommendations with divisional management and corporate real estate management on mid- and long-range facility plans to meet site & business needs.
- Assure that all electrical, mechanical and construction work is performed in conformance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Ensure all facilities works compliance with required specifications, regulatory requirements, quality of work and safety standards which may include but not limited to OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, and EPA.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of facilities operations in terms of cost, performance and efficiency.
- Maintain, report, and work to improve safety metrics that are both proactive (such as number of Hazard ID's, or Closed Safety Items) and reactive (such as near-misses, accidents, and lost-time incident rates); report any trends and recommendations to management.
- Coordinate EHS related response to customer, corporate, or regulatory agency audits and questionnaires.
How will you get here?
- Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
- Completed EH&S certificate required
- At least 5 years of lab manufacturing oversight experience
- At least 5 years of safety related experience
- CIH or CSP designation strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills including ability to coach and develop staff
- Expertise in project management of large capital projects, facility expansion/remodels of technical areas and production environment facility required.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a matrixed environment
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one global team of 100,000 colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status