Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, currently seeking multiple full-time Senior MUMPS developers.
Summary: The MUMPS developer builds software using the MUMPS language and technologies with HL7 experience. The MUMPS developer creates routines from scratch, configures existing systems and provides user support. The MUMPS developer writes functional code with an eye for spotting defects… The MUMPS developer should be a team player and excellent communicator. MUMPS Developers analyze customer needs and develop overall concept and design objectives. The MUMPS developer must be able to create software in a variety of programming languages and for a variety of IT software applications. The MUMPS developer must be able to analyze existing customer software; To identify the fault in the software from reported issues at a functional level. The MUMPS developer’s goal is to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using Mumps programming language
- Verify and review code in sustainment efforts when bugs or defects are discovered
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Research, develop HL7 messages and manage approval process
- Proven work experience as a Mumps developer within VistA.
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Familiarity with design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Familiarity and demonstrated abilities developing HL7 messaging
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of TRM compliance within the VA
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- 508 Compliance requirements
- SAFe certifications