Remote React Software Engineer / Mobile Developer
Tillys is searching for an Engineer/Developer to help create and enhance our mobile app. The Ideal candidate is skilled in React and/or Angular and have API / web server experience. TypeScript, Native iOS, or Android knowledge, and Node / AWS experience is a plus…
WHO WE ARE:
We are a leading specialty retailer of casual apparel, footwear and accessories for young men, young women, boys and girls with an extensive assortment of iconic global, emerging, and proprietary brands rooted in an active and social lifestyle. We are based out of sunny Southern California at the Tilly’s RSC. You’ll hear the term RSC a lot, it stands for Retail Support Center since our corporate offices are here to support our retail and online stores.
Working at Tillys allows you to experience a new style of work life. Our work culture is fun and relaxed. We encourage you to be you and that means you should be comfortable. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code and a fun, fast paced work environment where creative minds work together to achieve common goals. As a part of the team you’ll contribute towards and share in our success. A career at Tillys is all about working together to make things happen… so what are you waiting for?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with senior developers and architects to produce new and exciting e-commerce experiences
- Contribute to the evolution of our technology stack
- Take app projects from mock-ups to completion
- Develop enterprise React and React Native applications
- Work closely with Designers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Account/Project Managers to communicate status of projects
- Work with bug tracking/project management software suites, including Jira
- Implement secure coding best practices and participate in ongoing security training and awareness
- Learn our proprietary platform technology for mobile websites and apps, using the latest functionality in mobile innovations
- Participate in ongoing security training and awareness
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION, & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of enterprise application / web development experience a huge plus.
- Understanding of functional programming
- Ability to transform design mockups and wireframes into functional components
- Strong skill-set in creative problem solving
- Background in iOS and Android is a definite plus, but not required
- A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Prior experience in retail technology is a plus
- Prior experience in mobile e-commerce is a plus
- Experience within Salesforce Commerce Cloud a major plus.
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience with bash/command line is a plus
- Experience with RESTful APIs is a plus
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”