Boston, MA, USA I Full remote possible I Full time
You want to be a major contributor of an ambitious project's design and architecture? You're not afraid to try new things and push boundaries? You take great delight in taking on challenges? You're seeking for a thrilling and blooming tech-first business and a caring and collaborating environment? Read on…
We are developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.
Purpose of the job
The Topos ecosystem is under active development, and as part of your role, you will be tasked with implementing core features, improving the performance and reliability of the ecosystem.
This role is ideal for software engineers with interest in security, networking, and/or scalable system architecture. You can bring in your knowledge and your experience and grow further with the team.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking, forward-thinking and ambitious profile to help us grow our solutions.
What you'll be doing
- Be a core developer and maintainer of multiple codebases written in Rust.
- Be highly involved in the decisions related to the core software architecture.
- Translate design orientations into actionable implementations.
- Major contributions on the technical directions with the engineering team.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
In a nutshell, half of us are academics in mathematics and cryptography, and the other half software engineers. We are dispatched all over the world, with our first office in Tokyo and our brand-new HQ located in Boston, MA, United States.
We strive for a transparent and thoughtful collaboration between autonomous, efficient and caring people.
What we need to see
- Bachelor in Computer Science.
- Significant experience in Rust.
- Major interest in distributed systems, and asynchronous programming.
- Strong hands-on experience in testing, e.g. test-centric software development processes (TDD, BDD).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Web3 enthusiasm and familiarity with use cases and applications based on it.
- Interest in the cryptography commonly used in blockchain.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience working on open-source projects.
- Experience collaborating in a distributed team.
What we offer
- You make your own schedule, as long as your communication buffer allows bounded asynchrony.
- You work from wherever you want, as long as your working space remains suitable for focus (we don't recommend the hammock).
- A compensation that reaches the heights of your profile.
- A chance to be part of an exciting journey into an incredibly effervescent field.
- Unlimited PTO
- Company paid Benefits (employee only)
Toposware is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you've read this far and you think you fit the profile, just apply.
The way we operate
If you seek for a better insight into how we work, let us list our five fundamental principles:
- Knowledge - Contribute to and share knowledge
- Collaboration - Unite together to transcend ideas
- Efficiency - Thrive for achievements
- Care - Be conscientious about your work and the people around
- Transparency - Say what you think and think what you say