Data Analytics Engineer
University Health System is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Texas Health Science Center. We are a regionally, nationally and internationally recognized healthcare system…
- We have been named one of the nation’s Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems, a list based on the Most Wired Survey by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
- University Health System Center for Learning Excellence team earned the new Innovation in Talent Development Award by the Association for Talent and Development (ATD).
Becoming a Data Analytics Engineer at our Health Analytics Department/ University Health System means being a part of something bigger than yourself. Because of that University likes to invest in their employees, which is why we are also rated one of the top teaching hospitals as well. Some of our benefits are…
- Great educational opportunities within the health system
- Education reimbursement
- Amazing Medical Benefits (Vision Included)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
- Utilize data modeling skills to provide data mining or extracting usable data from multiple data sources (EPIC, MIDAS, Premier, Vizient, etc.) to support critical functions across University Health for identifying and measuring Quality Health Care Measure for analytical reporting.
- Implement machine learning tools, patterns, algorithms, and predictability models for analyzing expected behaviors and outcomes based on historical data, social determinants of health, and equity indicators.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include all relevant information for developing analytic systems for processing, cleansing, and validating the integrity of data to be used for analysis and reporting.
- Develop, analyze, and monitor reports and charts to quickly identify and minimize the occurrence of entry errors; make recommendations to improve processes and reporting. Work with supervisor to transition current manual reporting capabilities to a modern business insights reporting methodology utilizing analytical software (Tableau) and automation to enable real time reporting products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Programming Skills – knowledge of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive, and Pig is desirable. Familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is an added advantage.
- Statistics – Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential for data-driven companies.
- Machine Learning – good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Strong Math Skills (Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra) - understanding the fundamentals of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra is important as they form the basis predictive performance or algorithm optimization techniques.
- Data Modeling – proficiency in handling imperfections in data
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau, and Power BI that help to visually encode data
- Excellent Communication Skills – it is incredibly important to describe findings to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong Software Engineering Background
- Hands-on experience with data science tools
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind and great business sense
- Proven Experience as Data Analyst , Data Scientist, Data Statistician, and Data Engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Mathematics.
- Basic understanding of statistics – A/B experimentation, regression, classification, optimization.
- Qualifications include working knowledge of research methodology and procedures including data management and expressed proficiency with statistical and analytical software (Power-BI Pro, Tableau, etc.).
- Two years of professional experience in data science, data modeling, data analytics, machine learning, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of clinical setting processes preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to work with public contacts, and establish and maintain effective working relationships within a clinical and academic environment.
So if you want to work for a top rated company with opportunity for advancement come and join our team