Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have… raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
In this role, you will be building features and maintaining our cross-platform application that is used daily by our patients. Your work will have a direct and meaningful impact on their lives.
We’re looking for product-minded mobile engineers who have a keen design intuition, an eye for detail, and most importantly, compassion for our patients.
- Develop medium to large scale, initiatives in the Virta mobile application utilizing React Native, TypeScript, and platform specific tooling
- Modernize existing screens and components to improve our patient experience and support our internationalization and localization efforts
- Collaborate with product, design, clinical, and applied AI teams to deliver new features to patients
- Troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues with the mobile application
- Collaborate and be part of the mobile release process in partnership with the Mobile Release Manager and QA leads
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team and promote high quality software engineering practices
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, you will have opportunities to:
- Release at least one medium feature on the mobile app
- Collaborate with other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback in code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process/product improvements to make our engineering team and developer experience even better
- 3.5+ years software engineering experience building mobile apps using React Native or similar technologies
- Experience working with backend teams integrating REST or GraphQL APIs
- An eye for design, a love of your craft, and empathy for our users. You should be able to critique and think through how designs will impact our end users, not just the code
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is $138,938 - $156,110.Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at:https://www.virtahealth.com/careers