Location: Maryland (Hybrid Role)
Duration: 6+ (Possibility of Extension…
- Deliver within a team and as an individual developer.
- Demonstrate master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery.
- Advocate and contribute to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact.
Business And Analytical Skills
- Shows willingness to take on the complexities of the domain Portfolio Management, Quantitative Research, Risk, etc.
- Has experience of working with complexity and multiple stakeholders, for example portfolio managers, analysts and quants.
- Balances strategic and pragmatic concerns when solving problems.
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm's broader business strategy.
- Conversant in multiple technologies and learns new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrates deep experience in automated testing and techniques.
- Performs as an expert in multiple parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, development) and coaches others on
- such practices
- Experienced in several styles of architecture (e.g., real-time, batch, orchestration)
- Provides a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs, or implementation to a nontechnical audience.
- stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately.
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics,
- Engineering or Physics from a leading university.
- 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of Python and related popular libraries
- Experience in building containerized applications and deploying to cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS),
- Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g., PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Strong in Test-Driven Development and proficiency in writing maintainable and adaptable code
- Computer Science, Math or Financial Engineering degree
- Strong with a range of open-source frameworks and development tools - Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas), gRPC, Git, CI/CD,
- A solid understanding of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Ban
Role: Python Developer
Basic Qualification :
Additional Skills : Please look for the local candidates only