What you'll do…
As a Staff Data Scientist, you will be a Technical lead on Data science projects/Products and take ownership of implementation and delivery responsibilities. You will work closely with product stakeholders to develop “intelligent” features and deliver outstanding business outcomes leveraging Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP and CV.
About Team: Data Ventures
Data Ventures, akin to a nimble startup incubated within Walmart is building the best-in-class suite of Data Products to deliver actionable, customer-centric insights and help merchants and suppliers make better business decisions on omni channel 360 performance.
What you'll do:
- Ideate with stakeholders to identify ML/Deep Learning opportunities for solutions.
- Formulate problems and translate into Data Science project requirements.
- Build solutions that can be easily integrated into external frameworks or existing applications.
- Select appropriate ML modeling techniques for complex problems with large-scale data.
- Develop and iterate on features collaboratively with the business partners.
- Lead model development and guide team members through building, testing, and deploying ML models at scale.
- Establish best practices for model deployment, monitoring, and interpretability.
- Ensure production-ready ML solutions with low latency inference times and risk assessment.
What you'll bring:
- Expertise in Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, and Computer Vision (optional).
- Proven industry experience in solving Retail and Customer science problems.
- Proficient in Python/R, PyTorch/TensorFlow, SQL, Big Data and cloud technologies.
- Experience leading and mentoring data science teams, Effective technical communication to non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Deployment and Scaling best practices.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America