About This Role
Join an exciting, fast-paced organization working on cutting edge encryption, tokenization and key management technologies, leveraged to protect information companywide. Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager (Key Management Services) to lead and oversee Teams working with hardware security modules (HSMs), security appliances, servers and Kubernetes pods. This… leadership role requires strong Information Technology and Information Security foundational knowledge, as well as experience with and awareness of encryption/tokenization and key management technologies and engineering practices. The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated experience leading a team, influencing and collaborating with all levels of leadership, including Executives, in a large Enterprise environment. The role closely partners with partners across Wells Fargo Technology Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and lines of business to drive information protection product delivery, support business priorities and oversees the allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives. The role will report directly to the Technology Director and Head of Wells Fargo's Critical Security Infrastructure organization.
In This Role, You Will
- Focus on delivering commitments aligned to enterprise strategic priorities
- Build support for strategies with business and technology leaders
- Guide development of actionable roadmaps and plans
- Identify opportunities and strategies for continuous improvement of product delivery practices
- Identify financial management and strategic resourcing
- Set risk management guidelines and partner with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Develop strategies for hiring engineering, operational and administrative talent
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives and key results
- Interface with external agencies, regulatory bodies, or industry forums
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- Lead the team by making strategic decisions to resolve highly complex issues to meet higher risk deliverables like content strategy/creation, customer experience, analytics/research or product management
- Interpret and develop range of policies and procedures for functions with moderate to higher complexity and risk
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach through working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise.
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives in aligned department or business group
- Lead efforts to facilitate / manage projects, products, strategic plans and execute other operational aspects on behalf of leader
- Lead efforts to define / manage required business plans (i.e. draft proposals & plans) and support related initiatives across products - including analyzing & identifying opportunities for efficiencies and innovation across internal processes and the tools to support.
- Support the product line general manager to solve problems, manage disputes and deal with any issues impacting the TI organization.
- 6+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Management experience
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership/management role specific to engineering teams working with encryption/key management, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or related information protection technologies
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams performing scripting and automation
- 3+ years of experience with Agile practices and frameworks such as SCRUM and KANBAN as well as Confluence and JIRA toolsets.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior/executive management
- 5+ years of advanced information security architecture, design, or consulting experience
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience specific to Information Security
- Experience transforming to and/or managing business and operational functions in a product model construct, which would include participation in product roadmap planning and feature/backlog prioritization.
- Strong knowledge of hardware security modules (HSMs) and/or security appliances
- Strong knowledge of certificate ciphers and encryption algorithms.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and prior experiences with regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment.
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.