Manager, Data Science - Denver, CO, New York, NY or Austin, TX
Are you ready to lead a team of data scientists driving specific pricing initiatives within a global financial services company? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it's time to join Western Union as a Manager… Data Science.
Western Union powers your pursuit.
For this, you are responsible for working with a team of data scientists and other leaders to develop models that deliver business results at scale.
- Ability to translate business problems into analytical frameworks and models.
- Partnering with the business, technology & pricing strategy experts to ensure the models developed accurately represent the business environment and that model results are actionable.
- Support the design of the future state of Pricing tools, data, and processes.
- Create presentations that describe model results and recommendations to senior executives and other key stakeholders.
- Sustain a structured method of gathering business feedback on data science output in order to drive continuous improvement
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to data science team members. Role Requirements
- 5-7 years experience working in analytics with at least 1 year of formal or informal leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field. Master's degree preferred.
- Skilled in data wrangling & modeling (Python preferred), database querying (SQL), and use of cloud-based platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Sagemaker).
- Knowledge of best-practice modeling techniques for one or more of the following will be helpful: price elasticity, consumer demand modeling, experimental design, time series analysis, or forecasting.
- Ability to rapidly synthesize data and model results into insights & recommendations (i.e., taking the "What" and defining the "So What" and "Now What").
- Strong communication skills - helps manage expectations, gives real-time feedback, clarifies for alignment and understanding, appreciates other points of view, active listener. We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company -transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/.
The on-target earnings range is USD$99,705.00 - USD$175,720.00 per year, which includes a base salary and short-term and long-term incentives that align with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary based on candidates' qualifications, skills, and competencies.
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few
( https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/ ). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your United States-specific benefits include:
- Family First Program
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Parental Leave We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws