At Wonders, we build products that delight restaurant managers and offload the operational burden of running a restaurant. By enabling frictionless connection between restaurants and their customers, we enhance the experience for everyone…
As a company built by technologists and former restaurant operators, Wonders has strong customer empathy. We obsess over placing our customers first and working backwards, and fundamentally believe that when our customers succeed, we succeed.
Our metrics are strong! 🚀
- Wonders has achieved significant growth over the past two years, growing annual recurring revenue by almost 4x to $46 million and quadrupling our customer base of mom and pop restaurants.
- Wonders has maintained profitability for 5+ years and continues to do so even with strong growth.
About the teams
The Voice Platform team enables restaurants to handle customer phone calls no matter how many customers are calling in at the same time. This allows these mom and pop businesses to scale past their staffing limit and fulfill their customers’ orders on time, every time.
The Payments team provides payments solutions and enables restaurants to capture more revenue.
The Analytics Platform team powers the infrastructure used to make data accessible and useful across a variety of cross-functional teams at Wonders.
- Working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment where you will always be learning
- Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for both stateless and stateful services.
- Taking full ownership of the solutions you build and holding yourself accountable for the team’s successes and failures. This includes analyzing requirements, building them, automating metrics, alerting, and ongoing operations, and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Helping to establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base and accelerate product velocity.
- Partnering with product and other stakeholders to advance the product vision and lead the expansion of Wonders into new verticals.
- Actively collaborating with other leaders to source and recruit the best talent to Wonders.
- 5+ years of experience in building large-scale distributed systems or applications.
- Proven technical leadership in guiding teams, making architectural decisions, and leading critical projects to production
- Experience building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Expertise in an system programming languages like C++ or Rust
- Track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Passion for the restaurant industry or restaurant technology
- Experience building products from 0 to 1 in an unstructured environment