Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it’s built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful…
Simultaneously, it’s a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We’re proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world's top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That’s why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why:
- Business Insider named us an “enterprise startup to bet your career on”
- Forbes’ Cloud 100 recognized us as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world
- Deloitte Tech Fast 500 ranked us as the 17th fastest growing tech company in the Bay Area, and 96th in North America
- Quartz ranked us the #1 best company for remote workers
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be building a sub-platform (tightly integrated with the existing core Workato platform) that is aimed to enable end-users to design, build and run custom web applications without writing code. You will be working with the back-end part of both (new and existing) platforms and be involved in:
- Building complex web applications (using Ruby on Rails)
- Writing well-designed, reliable, efficient code for production
- Designing and implementing Web API used by the front-end UI part
- Integrating web applications between themselves and with other internal services (written in Ruby, GOlang, Rust, and others) using Internal APIs and message queues (Sidekick, Kafka)
- Working and communicating with other teams, for example:
- Platform teams responsible for other big components of the core platform
- Front-end team to design and implement Web API used by the web applications
- Infrastructure team to help you prepare or change our infrastructure when needed (AWS, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Terraform)
- SRE team to help you deploy and run your applications and services
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Evaluate and propose improvements to the existing system
- Strong experience in the back-end of web applications (designing, developing, running and maintaining) in production (5+ years)
- Vast knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Solid knowledge in computers and software development
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with databases: relational (we use Postgres) and non-relational (e.g. Redis)
- Experience with applications interacting with other applications/(micro-)services