- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a technical related field
- 5+ years' experience in software development…
- Full-stack architecture design and implementation
- Experience with data sources such as Oracle and MongoDB
- Experience with Java, Groovy, and Grails a plus
- Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end, and regression testing.
- Critical thinker with the ability to break down complex technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and a self-starter
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Well-being: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers' Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT - it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting-edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative, and think outside the box when it comes to delivering advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 8,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For®" over the past eleven years.
The IT Planning team, based in St Louis, MO, specializes in custom web applications built to provide valuable and accurate insights into material, resource, and value-added service constraints. We exist to enable easy, efficient, and simple planning solutions across our organization in order to deliver timely and accurate outcomes to our customers. If this resonates with you, and you're passionate about delivering high-quality solutions to meet our business demands, we'd love to have you join us as an IT Developer. While St. Louis-based candidates are preferred, qualified US-based candidates will also be considered in a full-time remote capacity.
What to Expect
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team consisting of Developers, Analysts, Architects, and Product Owners. Team Members utilize a broad range of functional and technical skills and are encouraged to expand their functional knowledge and technical capabilities.
- Working with analysts to translate business needs into technical solutions and architecture that can grow with future business requirements
- Identifying, designing, and communicating scalable solutions in conjunction with the architecture group, leading their implementation for our applications with product teams
- Lead discovery and proofs-of-concept into new technologies and processes to improve delivery and user experience
- Partnering with other internal IT teams, such as QA and Architecture, on opportunities to improve and automate product delivery processes
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Ability to ensure user experience determines design choice
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a “do what it takes” attitude to ensure product and team success
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, and resolving problems to meet engineering guidelines
- Learn and understand WWT's business processes