Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting-edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration… get creative, and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 9,000 individuals and closed nearly $17 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the twelfth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high-performance teams? Come join WWT today!
World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) has an opening for a Senior Developer – Customer Experience as part of our Internal IT Application Services Team in St. Louis, MO.
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Senior Developer on the Customer Experience team located at our headquarters in St. Louis, MO. The Customer Experience team is responsible for our suite of eCommerce and Digital Self-Service applications. These applications support our inside sales teams, account managers, and our external customers. The team’s applications are high-visibility and currently being used by our WWT internal users and external customers around the globe. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team consisting of other Developers, Analysts, Architects, and Product Owners. We put a great emphasis on our culture of collaboration, humility, and a passion to learn no matter your experience level.
At World Wide Technology (WWT) our vision is to be the best technology solution provider in the world. We have remained successful and continue to grow through the recent difficult economic conditions. We strive to build a profitable, growing company that’s also a great place to work.
- Mentoring team members across multiple product teams in the development and delivery of product and process solutions
- Working with analysts to translate business needs into technical solutions and architecture that can grow with future business requirements.
- Identifying, designing, and communicating scalable solutions in conjunction with the architecture group, leading their implementation for our applications with product teams
- Led discovery and proofs-of-concept into new technologies and processes to improve delivery and user experience.
- Partnering with other internal IT teams, such as QA and Architecture, on opportunities to improve and automate product delivery processes.
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Ability to ensure user experience determines design choice.
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a “do what it takes” attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, and resolving problems to meet engineering guidelines.
- Learn and understand WWT’s business processes.
- Bachelor or master’s or MBA degree, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- Full-stack architecture design and implementation
- Experience with data sources such as Oracle and MongoDB
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, and Lucene index solutions a plus
- Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end, and regression testing.
- Critical thinker with the ability to break down complex technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and a self-starter
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Well-being: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers’ Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with disabilities
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation