Who are Xebia Functional?
Xebia Functional, a global consulting firm specializing in functional programming, is always looking for talented Software Engineers to lead and nurture projects involving Scala, Kotlin, DevOps, Rust, and other Engineering and Big Data technologies…
Outside of our client-facing and open-source projects, we are heavily invested in sharing knowledge through the Xebia Functional Academy.
We're currently searching for a seasoned Solutions Architect specializing in Rust to join our Xebia Functional team. As an ideal candidate, you should possess a comprehensive knowledge of distributed systems and scalability and be capable of delivering professional advice and guidance to our clients on designing and executing highly scalable systems.
Some of the job responsibilities may include:
- You'll spend most of your time working with a wide variety of clients around the globe in many different business domains as a consultant to deliver distributed and high-performance applications and provide best practices to design, build and maintain scalable and robust solutions.
- Help onboard and mentor new engineers for clients and internal teams where necessary.
- Represent Xebia Functional with speaking engagements at events/seminars around the globe and virtually.
- Be a nice person and a team player.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a distributed team.
- Strong coding skills and Computer Science fundamentals.
- 4+ years of experience building distributed systems and high-performance applications.
- Proficiency in Rust.
- A desire to continually expand and refine your technical knowledge.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Experience working with VCS like Git.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations worldwide when the pandemic has settled. A week or two at the start of a new engagement and some follow-up visits are typical.
Nice to have:
- Functional programming skills.
- Knowledge of Kafka and database systems.
- Experience building microservices-based architectures.
This role includes the flexibility to work remotely or from one of our offices. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Flexibility, autonomy, and trust to get on with the job
- Continuous education support with access to training courses on the Xebia Academy Platform
- All the tools you need, including a MacBook, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard
You can also expect support from leadership and your colleagues, we love seeing our own success, and we’ll do what we can to foster your growth and creativity. This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing, cutting-edge company.
Xebia Functional is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
Xebia Functional does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time. Therefore, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in one of the countries where Xebia Functional has a legal presence and to complete any needed employment eligibility forms