Zectonal is an early-stage, well-funded software technology startup based in Arlington, Virginia, that is looking for an experienced Senior Rust Developer to be a part of a collaborative development team working to build our flagship Data Observability and AI Security software products.
The ideal candidate has a proven success record building software applications as part of a collaborative and… remotely distributed team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning new technology-related concepts including embracing Rust and its rapidly evolving ecosystem. You will be well-versed in cloud computing, asynchronous programming, and database schema design.
- Contribute as a senior member of an extended team towards the development of Zectonal’s flagship software products
- Develop flexible yet effective software development processes aligned to a rapidly growing company
- Mentor other developers and new hires as we rapidly grow the company
- Participate and assist in achieving patents for novel concepts and techniques
- Demonstrated experience using the Rust programming language in support of medium-to-large development initiatives
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking for solving complex design objectives using Rust
- Excellent understanding of asynchronous programming using the Rust Tokio runtime
- Experience and understanding cloud computing API’s for AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- Experience with key-value databases and schema design
- Experience with best-practice software security concepts including the use of cryptographic and encryption libraries (crates)
- Experience and knowledge building RESTful interfaces
Zectonal was founded by former Amazon Web Services ("AWS") executives who have a proven track-record in the successful launch and execution of cloud and AI based technology companies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
We support both telework and in-office work environments as ideally preferred by our employees.
- Rust Development: 1 year (Required)
- software development: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location